Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had the worst people contact us about our babies. Most are the run of the mill, uneducated rat owners, but tonight took the cake. We had a person contact us asking if we had any ready to go right now. I explained we didn't, as our babies are just 2 weeks old. Then I had to ask why they 'need' a pet rat now... apparently they need one now, because in a couple weeks they will not be allowed to own one... so I take from this that they want to adopt now so in a few weeks they can rehome their new rattie... ugh

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
It is a weird answer, that's for sure. Maybe it is a change in lease? I don't know. I wish you good luck finding them good homes. You could make them sign an adoption agreement asking them to return the rats to you in case they want to surrender them. It is not really enforceable but most people would return them to you instead of bringing them to a shelter if you explain it to them.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I was not referring to the people who contacted you when I suggested an adoption agreement (they were obviously bad), just to people in general:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not condoning that situation, but I've had people say the same... But when I asked why it would make a difference they said if they had it now, it would be grandfathered in. They still didn't get the animal, but it was good for me to understand.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually asked and their response was they may not have the money available in a couple weeks. Which is understandable, but the fee isn't that much. I explained normal vet costs to them and have yet to hear back

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I actually asked and their response was they may not have the money available in a couple weeks. Which is understandable, but the fee isn't that much. I explained normal vet costs to them and have yet to hear back
🙄 If they cannot afford $10 now, the rat will never go to a vet or get decent food or a cage big enough...what's wrong with those kinds of people? not 1 ounce of responsibility or caring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts