Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first two days last night! I've been doing a ton of research on keeping them, and I told myself "If I pass my EMT final, I will get myself a pair of rats :) " and I did! So I bought my self 2 young females. My house has been incredibly lonely. My wife left me back in October, and I only get the kids a few times each week, so I'm always alone. I really want a furry little cuddle buddy or two. I can't have dogs, because the landlord says no, but I have a pair rats now :) they are in a temporary holding cage until their rat manor gets here on Wednesday :) I really want to spoil the heck out of them! Hopefully the pictures post, but I named the white one "Lily" and the brown and white one "Florence"

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the wife, but I am happy for you about your new furries! I just adopted my first two, both females, at the end of August. They are such great little ones! After the loss of my brother and niece 20 months ago, I needed something to help me cope. My brother had just passed his EMT and had been a volunteer firefighter. He was on his way to becoming a full time fireman. My niece was going to go to college for fire science and follow in his footsteps. Emma (my niece) always wanted a rat, so that was my motivation. My brother had three kids and the other two make me so proud. Ben is a lizard guy and has 7 creatures. Molly is a cat girl and has one cat. I hope your two girls give you as much love and excitement that mine do. Mine are not cuddlers and are not laid back, but they do like to crawl all over me. I have experienced that girls are more energetic than boys, so be prepared. Congrats on the rats and passing your exam!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, Congrats!
Rats are really sociable so prepare to get a lot of love!
I got two females as well, and they are so sociable, i'm sure yours will be the same!
Good Luck with your new ratties!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts