Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just wanted to share that my other pet store female (stardom) has finally delivered. :lol: Unsure how many yet but I know that she had to have delivered them this morning sooo I don't want to desturb her yet. My other pet store rat curlycue is doing great. All of her 13 ratlets are doing great. I do have a small question if they remain pink does that mean that they may be hairless? I still have two pink babies and the rest have got some color and markings on them. I do know that from curlycue had some hairless siblings. Now I'm just sitting back and watching them. Their are a week old now. Boy has time flown by. I just need to develope my film and then I will post my pictures before and now of the babies and maybe get a couple of shots of the new mum and her babies. You all have a nice day now. :wink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'll be keeping most of the babies but for the ones that I decide not to keep I won't let them go unless I know that it's too a good home. My family and I are pretty dedicated to these babies and they are handled lots by my daughter age four and I. On occasion my fiancee with hold some or all the babies. He say's they remind him of cute little piglets without the curly tails. This is a lot comming from a guy that doesn't care too much for rodents. Give me time.. I'm sure I will change his mind about my rats.

·
Registered
489 Posts
just b/c they are pink, doesnt mean they will be hairless...unless there is a airless rat in their bloodlines. hairlessness is not a gene they carry unless they were genetically engineered or they have a relative who is.

·
Registered
814 Posts
How old are the babies? They usually start to get fuzzy around 8ish days from the litters i've taken care of.

·
Registered
321 Posts
From what I've read it seems that chances are your pink babies are just light in color, unless of course there's hairless in their ancestry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok the babies are 11 day's old and I still have one baby that's pink. The reason that I asked is because some of curlycue's siblings were hairless. I'm not sure about what the daddy carries. I also wanted to report that my other mum had four babies and lost everyone of them the day that they were born. I will definatly post some pics of these cute babies and then you all can decide for yourself what they are. I'm happy with them all, and soo is my daughter. We hold them everyday and they crawl all over the place. Mum is doing great she sure has been a trooper. I mean I have two kids and I'm about ready to pull my hair out and here she has thirteen and is still pretty much the lady that I fell in love with and had to bring home.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
how cute. by 11 days they should some noticeable fur, so if they are still nakie and pink i'd say they have a good chance of being hairless. if curlycue had hairless siblings she likely carries the gene for hairlessness and babies could be hairless if dad also carried the gene. you'll see hair for sure by 2 weeks though. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts