Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to this rat stuff,

Just wondering how often I should feed my rats? I was under the impression I should fill up their bowl every day which btw is always empty in the morning. I was doing this up until I found out they were hiding all of their food.

Should I put thier food back in the bowl or not feed them again until the hidden food has been eaten?

Thanks

·
Registered
981 Posts
I make sure they eat all of their food, so I have to check all of their hiding places before I refill the food bowl. Essentially, though, I try to make sure they constantly have food available.

·
Registered
549 Posts
What are you feeding them?

If its a grain mix (like suebees) they might be hiding everything and then eating only what they like each time you feed them. When I feed my boys I give grain mix and dog food, they go through phases of what they eat first but nothing gets refilled until the other is gone.

If your giving fresh foods you'll want to check for spoilage often.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'd continue to feed them. Often ratties hide food and then forget and pee on it... Ick.

·
Registered
489 Posts
When i first gave my girls purely lab blocks(as opposed to seeds), Victoria took every block within 5-10 minutes into her box. i was amazed thinkin they loves them. I did refill it daily bc theyd pee on the hidden ones

1 - 5 of 5 Posts