Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my boys have never been 'cuddly' they're still young, but here lately after they're done exploring their surroundings for a bit, they're start nibbling on me, all over, my jeans, my face, feet, my hands, and i'm afraid they might get a bit carried away and bite down.. i don't want to discourage them if they're trying to be affectionate ..

·
Registered
229 Posts
It kind of sounds like they're grooming you. :3
Maybe they want you to look pretty, like they do? Rats are obsessive cleaners.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yes, it ust sounds like they're grooming you. they are babies through so there is possibilty that they will bite harder then they intend to. likely it will barely hurt and it certainly won't bleed. if they do bite harder then you like though, squeak at them high pitched and loud. this is rat speak for ow basically. they'll be much more careful after that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
it sounds like grooming to me!

my girls and boy cannot help themselves! when i walk in a room with socks on they'll bite my toes quite hard! even if the socks are fresh on. if i have bare feet they won't and are much more careful. they also don't nibble when i have shoes on. i don't know what it is about socks that drives them wild in the biting department.

on a slightly different note: - yesterday E.T very gently pulled down my bottom lip with her front paws and started "cleaning" the inside of it. thank goodness it wasn't my teeth or i would have been very offended.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha yeah i have the same shoe problem .. they love my shoes! i was kind of nervous with the whole situation but i'm just happy they're starting to calm down long enough to play with me!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Pomperella said:
my girls and boy cannot help themselves! when i walk in a room with socks on they'll bite my toes quite hard! even if the socks are fresh on. if i have bare feet they won't and are much more careful
Oh yeah - the dreaded sock monster LOL
my ratties defend against the dreaded sock monster as well!

OUCH

·
Registered
47 Posts
My girls (ages 1 year, 1 year, and 3 months) are also campaigning against the sock/slipper monster. But one of my girls, Sprinkles gets very nibbly when she has been free ranging for a while. She starts getting all excited, bouncing around, and then BAM! she latches on. Once it was my fiance's nipple, once my toe, once my elbow, my chin....but I think the nipple was the greatest offense. Now every time she comes near him and he's shirtless, he covers his nips! Haha.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Owwww... I hope that's not something every rat will do at some point. 8O
Maybe she thought he'd look good with a nipple piercing. Ouch though!

·
Registered
527 Posts
haha, they're grooming you! <33
my rat vegas is really sweet and often grooms my nails/hair, but sometimes she bites my earlobes pretty hard.
and she nipped my brother's eyelid hard enough to leave a mark.
now he knows not to bring his face close to hers or else she'll go after the "grapes" on his face. :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts