Rat Forum banner

things only rat owners understand

8K views 131 replies 25 participants last post by  Newtorats 
#1 ·
ok ill start then someone can add on from what ever number . lets see how far we can get .:)

1.Leaving the cage door open for a minute while you go answer the phone will only happen once.
2. When you see a box and you know it's perfect size for a rat castle.

#25 ·
7. convincing people that the 'brown thing' on the floor is a sunflower seed and not poop :ROFLMAO:
Trying to convince myself, more like. :LOL:
Scanning Facebook/trading sites/rescues/breeder pages daily for rats that you might be able squeeze into your mischief or to look at cute babies

23. You open the cage door really quietly so you can get a picture of them sleeping in a cute pile/position
Yeeeeeesss!!!

#16 ·
19: Quietly opening the door to the room your rats are in so you can see what they are doing.
20: If you type almost any letter in to your resent searches you will see almost all rat-related things.

#17 ·
21. Walking through a store, especially a second-hand or dollar store, and going "oh (rat name) would love that!" "I could tie that up as a climbing frame" "I could make such a cute (insert item) out of this!" "This would be perfect as (insert thing)" Etc.

Scanning Facebook/trading sites/rescues/breeder pages daily for rats that you might be able squeeze into your mischief or to look at cute babies

23. You open the cage door really quietly so you can get a picture of them sleeping in a cute pile/position

#20 ·
24. Having to unsubscribe from rat rescue groups because every single rattie you see you automatically want (this is true at least for me lol)

25. Finding it so hard to stop giving them cheerios and walk away after you u have fed them like 30 already as they pleadingly stare at you through the cage bars as if they were saying, "wat do u meen i cant have anover cheeewieo??"

#22 ·
It is so hard, to have to walk away from and innocent pile of fat rats.

#27 ·
1.Leaving the cage door open for a minute while you go answer the phone will only happen once.

2. When you see a box and you know it's perfect size for a rat castle.

3. You get excited whenever a toilet paper role is almost done because you can give them the tube

4. Hovering in the kitchen to make sure that no one throws away that cardboard box you can use.

5. "Rat pee on my clothes? No, of course I'm not going to change, if I did that I'd go through 10 pairs of pants per day!"

6. shopping at the grocery store with a list that's just for your rats.

7. convincing people that the 'brown thing' on the floor is a sunflower seed and not poop :ROFLMAO:

8. Going to the store to get some food and coming out with the food, treats, some cool toys, this new bedding you had been meaning to try, and a spare cage because what the heck

9. Pretending that the holes in your clothing is purposeful

10. When your remote controls all have chewed-off buttons :ROFLMAO:

11. You yourself brux when you are happy :ROFLMAO:

12. You can never say goodbye (at the end and every time you leave the house)

13. Giving your rats that blanket you "never use"

14. Saving random items just to see if your rat will find a way to play with it

15. Getting excited about baskets at the dollar store:ROFLMAO:
16.waking up to find your rat has chewed a hole in your fave hoodie/tshirt because you accidentally left it near the cage

17- coming to this forum so you can brag about how cute your rattos are

18-starts to talk about rats with a non rat person and says oh wait u might not understand

19: Quietly opening the door to the room your rats are in so you can see what they are doing.

20: If you type almost any letter in to your resent searches you will see almost all rat-related things.

21. Walking through a store, especially a second-hand or dollar store, and going "oh (rat name) would love that!" "I could tie that up as a climbing frame" "I could make such a cute (insert item) out of this!" "This would be perfect as (insert thing)" Etc.

22. Scanning Facebook/trading sites/rescues/breeder pages daily for rats that you might be able squeeze into your mischief or to look at cute babies

24. Having to unsubscribe from rat rescue groups because every single rattie you see you automatically want (this is true at least for me lol)

25. Finding it so hard to stop giving them cheerios and walk away after you u have fed them like 30 already as they pleadingly stare at you through the cage bars as if they were saying, "wat do u meen i cant have anover cheeewieo??"

Everything we have so far!

#39 ·
33. Feeling guilty that you haven’t taken the rats’ out “long enough” and using that as an excuse to procrastinate 😂
34. Seeing a shape dart across the ground and thinking “Oh, [rat’s name here] is so crazy (laughs quietly)”
35. Trying not to burst out loud laughing when the rats are grooming each other, then they notice and start glaring at you.
36. If your rats are in your bedroom - Changing clothes and looking at them to realize that they are literally staring at you 😳

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.