Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, my name is Luke and I'm interested in gettting a pet rat.

i do have one question though.

Do rats make good pets? I'm looking for a pet that can recognize me among other people and that will bond with me and like to be around me. Can a rat be this pet?

thanks!
:)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Rats make great pets, and my rats can definately distinguish me between other people, they're a lot of fun, I suggest you wait a while before getting one though, build up some knowledge first, that way there you'll be better prepared.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Rats are wonderful pets! And they definitely will bond with you. All three of my rats know me and distinguish me from other people. They know my scent and my voice, and prefer me over anyone else :D

I agree that you should definitely read up on them before you get any. Read through threads on the forums and look up websites. Ask questions! The more you know, the better prepared you will be for them, and you will have less problems. And your rats will be happier, healthier, and make even better pets for you! ^_^

·
Registered
359 Posts
Rats are amazing pets they are just like dogs! Don't be afraid to ask questions! Rats bond very easy. Read all over the forums there is a lot of info. You can also go to www.ratguide.com this will help you alot!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Everyone has said what's true - rats make AWESOME pets. BUT, they are a lot of work, and they do need a lot of attention. The more you put into your rats, the more they'll give back.

A pair is really a must, if not more then 2. Rats NEED other rats, as they are very social animals. Humans can NOT replace a rattie friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts