Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a bit of advice...
I got a little tan boy back in May that I named Linny.

Anyways, Linny has been a good little guy but was very difficult to gain his trust in the beginning and I soon figured out that he is blind. His introductions went fine with my other two older boys but I've noticed that he is a bit of a third wheel. The two older boys do everything together, sleep together and play together while Linny sleeps by himself and mostly is a loner. When the boys free range the other two will sometimes nip his bum and send him flying and squealing out of surprise.

Last week one of them got in a tiff over food and tore his ear in half. I'm not sure what to think...
Is this the way it will be from now on or should I try to play match maker and get him a friend?
He has just gotten use to me picking him up but I can't pet his back because it startles him too much. Poor thing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Aww I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say he's precious. I feel bad the poor little guy doesn't have any friends of his own and gets picked on. That's kinda sad. 😢

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
I would see about getting a friend and introducing the two of them before the rest of the mischief.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I agree with nanashi. If you have a spare cage, get another friend, let him bond with Linny and then introduce the two of them back into the rest of the pack. If things don't work out with that, then at least you've got two pairs of compatible rats and none will be left out or picked on.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...I think you're right. I wish he would snuggle with my boys in the hammock. Its sad because my other boys are neutered and pretty laid back so even when he does try to play they kick him away with their back legs.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Aww that makes me so sad for him. 😢 He just needs a cuddle buddy and a friend really badly. Poor little guy is starving for some rattie affection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts