Rat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! (im new) I am planning on getting at least 2 ratties, most would be 3, same sex.
I am a Sugar Glider owner (LOVE them lol) and have a spare cage from a pairing that I did, they moved into a reptarium. I was just making sure it is suitable....Also..i sew alot so there will be plenty of hammocks and pouches and tunnels and suc for them to play in......

Anyways here is a picture of it:

This cage

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,
<3 Amber

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Definitely big enough, and the spacing is good for males or females, but it looks like it would be hard to clean and hard to reach the ratties in certain sections.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL its not hard to clean, i have 4 cages and i have to wash them every 2 weeks, I've invested in a powerwasher, and it only takes me about 5 hours to clean them all now lol.

I have also modified the doors so they swin open instead of lifting up, so it makes it a bit easier to reach into.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I wouldn't get it. If you look at the shipping, it will cost the amount that a better, more rat made cage, would cost.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I ScootersPet said that he/she already has the cage.

I meant spot-cleaning, not a thorough cleaning, though. :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm... I havent tried spot cleaning it....... I'll try it, and if it doesnt work out ill get a new one :D

-Amber

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Hippy said:
oh.. 0-0. -shrivels up and dies-
:lol: No need for that... that's a very good thing to keep in mind if someone is buying a cage online. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A reptarium is a mesh type cage with pvc poles holding it up... Apogee Reptariums I have the 100 gallon one. They are in it because, honestly, it is easier to clean lol. You throw the cover in the washer, and wipe the poles down and presto its done! I had them in the larger cage (which is not that much larger) because when i bought them it is what they came with, I have been thinking about switching out all of my glider cages to repts. and this is my "trial run".

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm pretty sure a rat could chew through that nylon mesh stuff - but that's why the rats would be kept in that wire cage :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.