Rat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that my rats, even when they're young, understand the concept of, "MINE, not yours," pretty well.

Here is a picture of something that is pretty typical around my boys' house...going to sleep next to or on top of a favorite treat, but still "claiming" it with body language.

I could only get a picture of this through the bars, and I hope you can see it OK. What we have, here, is Buscemi, curled up around a big dish of sweeties and gnawing snacks. He's sleeping...or, at least, he was until Mommy woke him up with the big light...but he has one hand grasped firmly on the bowl. (There's enough goodies for five or six rats in the bowl, BTW.)

"Just because I'm asleep doesn't mean this bowl isn't MINE!"

Hope you enjoy it! :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
I love it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
HA HA! That is super cute - look at the look on his face - ha ha ha! Adorable!

Looks like he is saying "hey...wait....what?"

·
Registered
194 Posts
i can't see piccies at work but sounds cute!

my girls like to steal things, i remember holly saying that gus used to do that. mine steal anything, either to stash or to make a bed with.

i must get photos!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This IS Holly - well, Holly's rat, Boo, anyway! :lol:

And yes, Gus ~used~ to be quite the thief...he's still pack-ratting away, when he can.

But BOO is even MORE into the "mine" thing! Dig this:

When I first brought Boo home, I had some special things arranged for Gus, so that he would know that he came first. One was a new "sweetie" - Ferretvite. (A tasty vitamin paste.) Whenever all three of us played, I made sure that Gus got his special sweetie.

Well, I just finished doing tonight's "play," and let me tell you...as soon as Boo sees Gus enjoying his sweetie, he's right there, trying to take it away! :lol: Since Gus is bigger and stronger (and more patient, probably,) he always backs off, and lets Boo have the spoon. I have to remove Boo to let Gus finish, and then I let Boo lick what's left on the spoon.

Tonight, he stuck his front paw into the sticky stuff, and tried to pull the spoon away from me.

Know what he was saying?

"MINE!"

LOL!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, you see that bowl packed with goodies? Don't even THINK about having any goodies, even if Boo is asleep...ALL of those goodies are HIS! (At least, he thinks so! Gus finds ways to get to the goodies when Boo is doing something else!) :lol:

It's so funny how, no matter how little you are, "ownership" of something is important! :lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
XD You were the one to give the advice to use little rat stories to help with reluctant parents, and this is just too cute!! Have to tell mum! ^^

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad we could help! Show her the pic, if you can. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts