Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right roobs got mites a few months ago and it cost £90 in vets bill to get him clean hes been fine since, i changed their bedding from cat litter to towels so its not the bedding that the problem.
so why on earth does toby now have mites!??! its weeks now since roobs cleared up so whats goin on
is there any cheeper way of gettin toby mite free with out spending £90! i love my rats but £90 each within a few months is a lil expencive, dont get me wrong if they need the vets they wont go with out i can pay for it but its £90 and for a 17 year old thats alot of money to owe my mom, my moms great she will pay for the rats for anything but i just wanna find if theres a cheeper alternitive

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
I don't know the history but did you have both rats at teh time of Roob's treatment? If you did its normal for all your rats to get them. Plus mites will show up if the immune system is depressed since all rats have mites and what you see is a flareup if they are exposed to more mites or have an issue themselves.

Can you get Ivermectin paste in the UK? This would be your best and cheapest option to treating your rats.

·
Registered
194 Posts
use Beapher Spot on it's £3.99 from the pet shop and it contains ivermectin. treated my boy straight away. Carefresh bedding is really good, seems to keep the mites away!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts