Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been applying food-grade diatomaceous earth to my rats for a little over 30 days now. I heard that I should keep doing this for 8 weeks on a different animal. I was wondering if anyone knew how long I was supposed to keep applying this. Like what is the full life cycle of rat lice?

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
A spot-on treatment like Beaphar or Revolution is only a small amount of liquid medicine (a couple drops) that you apply directly to your pet's skin on the back of their neck where they can't reach it to groom it off. You want to keep your rats separate for a few minutes to let the medicine soak in and dry.

Just like with birds, it's best to avoid things that get sprayed into their fur as ingestion increases toxicity.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A spot-on treatment like Beaphar or Revolution is only a small amount of liquid medicine (a couple drops) that you apply directly to your pet's skin on the back of their neck where they can't reach it to groom it off. You want to keep your rats separate for a few minutes to let the medicine soak in and dry.

Just like with birds, it's best to avoid things that get sprayed into their fur as ingestion increases toxicity.
Okay, thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts