Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got two female dumbo rats around 4 weeks ago, and one of them (Bulbina) is quite a bit smaller than the other (Sprinkle), so I'm guessing she's younger. Sprinkle is (correct me if I'm wrong) a "hooded" dumbo rat, and Bulbina is dark all over except for her belly and paws. Bulbina has gotten used to/comfortable with me, and has been for quite a while now. She'll sit on my shoulder and run up my arm to get out of the cage and all that with no problem, she's still kind of timid when I take her out to run around on my bed, but it's not bad.

Now Sprinkle on the other hand, hasn't even let me hold her at all. The person at Petsmart let me hold her, and she was really scared and seemed like she wanted to run away. She lets me kind of pet her sides and neck, but is really scared when I come up to the cage to open the door/put food in or whatever else. I try to give them equal attention, and I don't favor one over the other. But is there something I could do to make Sprinkle feel better? I'm not sure of her age, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. She's pretty big, but obviously not an adult. I just feel bad because she can't/won't come out for playtime when I take Bulbina out :/ Their cage is kind of small-ish because the Critter Nation cage got delayed in shipping, so maybe that has something to do with it?? Help, please!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts