Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in June of 2015, when I got my CND, there was a thread on assembling the Critter Nation which was very helpful. In particular, there was a notation about something which kept the structure from warping in transit which needed to be removed before assembling, or it would not work correctly.

I'm not finding it -- I thought it was on a sticky in this section. Apparently, my Google-Fu isn't working today.

Can anyone assist me with the link to that thread, and any other tips?

·
Registered
908 Posts
I did a forum search and couldn't find it.
That said, I'd recommend 2 people and a rubber mallet. Also the thing that has to be removed probably referred to the plastic thingies that are put in the metal squares so they hold their shape. Mine came with instructions that were pretty easy to go by.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a forum search and couldn't find it.
That said, I'd recommend 2 people and a rubber mallet. Also the thing that has to be removed probably referred to the plastic thingies that are put in the metal squares so they hold their shape. Mine came with instructions that were pretty easy to go by.
I did a Forum search, also, and couldn't find it. Most annoying. Yes, the rubber mallet is highly useful. My husband put most of ours together on his own, but there were several points where two people were definitely needed.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The red plastic things were so annoying. And I manged with one person for most of it but a rubber mallet was definitely my best friend.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, I'd say a rubber mallet is needed. And a friend! Plus, the little screwdriver that comes with the cage is junk, I'd definitely recommend using a better one. I think it took me about half an hour to put together (with my sister's help). Good luck! ;D

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've put together three DCNs now (one of those I helped dissemble), and I've managed all three on my own. Having a rubber mallet is definitely helpful! I don't have one and ended up using the base of a drill to give me the added umph I needed in a couple instances, most notably this past weekend when I brought the third DCN home.

Definitely do remove the little plastic inserts they put in the holes. and make sure when you're assembling the bottom storage tray you use the mesh bottom with the wider spacing! I goofed that up on my very first one and had to take it all apart to fix.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I wish I would've seen this sooner! Today, my DCN came in the mail and my boyfriend and I put it together. We for SURE could've used a mallet but ended up using our body weight and got lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts