Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never had a rat become as attached to me as my little Atticus has become, he goes crazy every time i walk in the room wanting out and to be loved all my other boys just lay in their hammocks till food is involved. Atticus doesn't let me touch his brother and always wants to be the center of attention. The other day I went on a little day trip left in the morning got back late that night so they didn't get any floor/cuddle time that day the next morning when i went to clean up the cage for the day everything was destroyed. I am assuming it was atticus but all the food looked like it had been thrown out of the bowl i have a cute little basket with toys in it and every single one even ones I have never seen them use were all over the place all the litter was kicked out the pans and now there are holes in the fleece. It was only one day Atticus didn't come out or get as much love that he is use to and destroyed everything when I went to clean it up he jumped on me when Gandalf came to say hi Atticus stood on his back legs guarding my hand like Gandalf wasn't allowed to come and play. Atticus normally just shoves Gandalf out of the way but never has a problem with me picking him up but after Atticus' little stand off I picked up Gandalf to give him some cuddles as well and Atticus jumped off the cage onto me. Is he a little to attached? What should I do?

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
One of my current girls will push stuff (like water bottles) off the cage if I'm in the rat room and not paying her attention lol. Its one of those things with very people focused rats. I wouldn't worry too much, just make sure that you don't let him dictate when you spend time with him and you don't let him keep you away from the others (this can turn into problems as the age if so) but otherwise enjoy being the center of someones worls

·
Registered
49 Posts
My younger sister has two rats who are so intensely attached to her that it's kind of the running joke in our family lol. They are very serious about her, and if they had a choice, they would be with her 24/7. The second they hear her voice, they are glued to the corner of their cage, shoving their noses through the bars, trampling over each other to get the best view. Same when they hear her alarm in the morning. Even last night, she had them out while she was studying, and because they weren't getting her full attention, they stole her study notes and stashed them behind their cage lol. They sound a lot like Atticus, and definitely keep her on her toes! She just kind of basks in the glory of being the centre of attention all the time, and tries to keep up with their list of demands ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts