Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picasso has been being snappy since the babies were born, and the only time she's been out is when we've trapped her in a box so I could feed them or check the babies, but she seems to be somewhat distainful when Da Vinci comes back, and she's trying to chew her way through the cage bars, also, she got out of the box onto my roomates shoulders and didn't bite her. We're all a little timid around her right now but I would like to be able to cuddle with her again if she'll let me, but she's attacked my hand in the cage a couple times. What should I do?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
wait. the babies don't have their eyes open yet do they? she'll start calming down once they do. as for chewing through the bars, have you given her anything to cut down her teeth? if not, or if she doesn't seem to use it try giving her cooked chicken bones. the ones left over after you're done eating the chicken are perfect. with a bit of chicken left on its a treat and will help with her protein intake to better feed her babies.

how old are the babies now anyway?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've given them something to chew on yea but I guess they don't like it. The only problem with that is I'm a vegetarian so I don't HAVE any chicken bones. The babies are about a week old now.

p.s.

When exactly is your march break? You asked me about it before and I realized my school's is different than alot of other.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
do you have non-vegetarian friends who could save you some chicken bones?

my march break is the first full week in march i believe. i'd be coming down the first weekend in march.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts