Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today after school I am getting my two boys!! I worked for about 3 hours setting up their cage. I actually made a hammock (with much blood sweat and tears!) A second level to the cage, a ramp and Ive seen people here use Kleenx boxes for houses so I emptied one and put in it. I think my cage looks amazing lol.

So any tips or advice of what to do when bringing your babaies home?! These two are brother and have been with eachother since day1 so I have no worries about how they will behave with eachother. So any helpful tips?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Post some pictures of your cage and them, I'm sure we'll all be dying to see! :D

When you bring the little one's home, I suggest letting them settle down and learn their way around the cage before starting anything major.

A little bit of extra info (incase you need it :D )
Seeing that their brothers, there should be no problems with getting to know eachother. But to get to know you, some people have suggested to read to them, so they can become accustomed to the sound of your voice. After doing this, I would let them sniff my hand, and soon enough my guys would consider my hand *not a threat*. Usually after this, they will be right to come out of the cage and explore me and around me.

I wish the best of luck with your very-near future rats!! They won't disappoint you ..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
yes yes, we definitely need pics of the boys and their cage :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts