Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This might be an odd question but is it possible to give too much free roaming time for my rats? I got my babies about a week ago and they seem to really like more being outside the cage in my living room than in their cage. My appartment is so tiny that my living room is the place I spend most of my time so I let them roam free almost all the time while I watch tc etc. Ofc I interact with them a lot too! Can this be a problem in the future, is it possible that they never learn to like their cage? (My cage is quite huge)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think it's great you can give the babies so much free roam time! If they enjoy it, then it's not a problem! I would keep their cage open while they free roam, and keep a ladder leading up into the cage in case they want to go back. I would also keep their main food in the cage so they know that's their home base and where they have food and water... and hammocks ;)

·
Registered
Hulu, Dibs, Sprout, & Mochi
847 Posts
I agree with both of the replies above. Due to covid, I am stuck I'm in my room doing schoolwork most of the day so I just block off the gap under my door and put a barrier around my bird's cage, and let the girls roam around my room. I just make sure to provide ladders to my bed and their cage so they can interact with me or get food and water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.