Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, took in three babies. They're tiny things too. I don't have much time to go into the story, but I'm certain they're girls (no dangly bits) but they are YOUNG. They're very small. Right now I've got Oxbow young rat with some warm water in it to soften it up some. Is that my best bet for food for them right now? My biggest concern is that I don't know exactly how young they are, but I'm pretty sure they're younger than are typically supposed to be in a new home. The photo is all three in one hand to give you an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
I can't really tell but I think they might be 4 weeks. Where did you get them? If you're worried about them needing mothers milk, you can go to the pet store and get kitten/puppy formula for them and add it in with their Oxbow food.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'm guessing, based on those thick coats, that these rats are already weaned and will eat the Oxbow block just fine. They look about 5-6 weeks old. Congratulations on your new babies, they're gorgeous!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! They're adorable. Very sweet, very shy and skittish still. They've decided their own version of immersion training, as seen below. All three of them are in there.

I'll post the story in another thread, likely in Rants and Raves, as its pretty ridiculous.

I just am trying to figure out how I got to having eight rats without meaning to.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts