Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, having a little bit of an emotional crisis here.
See, I moved out with my boyfriend about half a year ago and got my rats at the end of October because we wanted a pet that we could easily hide if the landlord came round. At first all was well and we had the time to dedicate to get them to trust us and clean them out and play with them. But now my boyfriend goes to college, works, and is in a signed band. And I've been struggling to balance looking after the rats and revising for my upcoming exams.
I feel bad because even though they've come a long long way in terms of trust and being skittish, they're still really scared and deserve a lot more attention then they get. Even when my exams are over, there's a lot of travelling going to be happening due to my boyfriend having band commitments planned that he needs to go away for and holidays and I don't have anyone that can look after the rats, plus it wouldn't be fair disrupting them so often.
Eventually my boyfriend is going to be touring with no real permanent house and I'm planning to go to university next September, so would it not be kinder to let them go to someone else who will be able to give them the time and attention they need to bring them out of their shell and provide a permanent home?
I will miss them so much as I've completely grown attached to them and I'm not bored of them or fed up of them but I'm trying to think of what will be best for them.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
New home

I really think it would be best to rehome them. As much as you love them it sounds like you have a lot going on. Do your thing and enjoy it without the guilt of them being neglected.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I agree it would be best for them to rehome them with someone who has the time to dedicate to them. Youll be happier knowing they are getting the attention they need, and so will they

1 - 3 of 3 Posts