Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a big problem with rats tossing their food around? Or really, scooping it out? When I feed them, two of them will reach in and dig around and then pull "arm"fulls of the food out and it just falls out of reach.

Any ideas on how to stop wasting all this food? It's stuff they like too, not the pellets, stuff like sunflower seeds and corn!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My boys take their food out and hide it everywhere about the cage so it's "safe".

·
Registered
166 Posts
Because of my "boy war," the vet recommended multiple sources of food in the cage because of hoarding. My two guys hide food in corners of the cage, then get mad when the other guy gets too close to their hiding place.

So I put a huge dish in the corner, and one of them put a thin layer of CareFresh over the top of it. I guess it was too big a quantity to bother relocating!

But I have no grate at the bottom of my cage, so this probably won't help you. :-(

·
Registered
879 Posts
My girls do that...ALL NIGHT! Well they dont really scoop it though. lol they are so noisy. It's cute They are just digging for the good stuff and don't really care where the rest of it goes. hahah Unless its falling out of the cage it's not really wasting they will find it when they end up in the area it landed in. If it is falling outside then put the food at the bottom of the cage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts