Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Complete rat newbie here! lol Just got my first pair of rats (completely by accident) and I am absolutely thrilled with them!! :D

The male is a weanling who just left his mom (I think). His name is Graeme. He has been identified as an "Agouti Berkshire" by those who know. I think it's a very fancy sounding name for what I would call a common brown rat! lol

I am not sure what the female is yet. She is a lovely pinkish golden colour with red eyes. (I am guessing she's either a fawn or an amber but I am not sure if fawns have red eyes?) Her name is Cleo which suits her down to the ground as she is a very pretty rat! lol

Going to be asking TONS of questions so I hope you will all bear with me! lol I just want the best for my new pets! :D

Meg

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome, welcome! :D

Both your ratties sound lovely.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hi Velvet, welcome to the forums :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hello and welcome! They do sound lovely is one spayed or neutuered? If you keep them together be sure to do that cause pregnacy at this point can be devastating to the female D: And they can get pregnate at 5 weeks in case you didn't know.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I agree with Poppy. If you have both rats separated, which is highly recommended, you really need to get a (same-sex) friend for each of them. Rats need company, and do best in pairs or in groups.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts