Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im new on here, I don't have any rats so I am trying to gain as much info as possible before I go out and get myself a pair, I have already thought I would be after a pair of females when my time comes to get them, but at the min I am looking forward to reading about your rats and having a good look around the various topics,

·
Registered
479 Posts
Please please please consider males. XD sorry both sexes are great but boys seem to have such a hard time finding love. I'm sure you'll find the perfect pair when your ready for them! Just watch out, two turns to four turns to ten very easily! >.> we have 10 girls and 3 boys atm, and two more boys we're trying to home and two girls going home tonight! Lol its hard to resist their tiny faces!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replies, But I am not Interested In the males I did have them when I was young but I prefer the females, of course a lot has changed since I was young so I have a lot of learning to do,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Girls are fun!

Welcome to the forum; I'm new too!

I have been a rat owner of three sweet females for two years. Two of them recently passed so now we have Shiloh.

Girls are really fun, interactive, and entertaining! Not as snuggly and affectionate as I hear that males are.

If you get girls, PLEASE get them spayed. They are prone to mammary tumors (two of my three girls got them) that can be avoided altogether if you spay them. I didn't do it and I wish I had... it was horrible to make the choice to put my girls down a good year before their time.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We have 5 boys but female rats are also bundles of joy and fun. I am glad you are doing your research beforehand. You will find this a great source for information on all things rat-related. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts