Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Total is the best cereal to be in their diet. It's full of vitamins and good stuff, and rats love it!

If you look up Suebee's mix, that's a popular mixture of cereals and stuff to be fed to rats, with a staple usually of a good low-protein dog food. I use Nutro Natural Choice Lite with a Suebee's grain mix for my rats ^_^

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yep. Plain old Total... crunchy, so the boys love it. :lol:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hmm...what about Quaker Harvest Crunch? We usually get the Light Honey Nut kind. Is this ok, or too sugary/unhealthy?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
As a snack occasionally perhaps. The good thing about Total is that it's crammed with vitamins and pretty low on sugary bits and such.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ok, thanks Forensic. It does seem to make a good snack. They go nuts over the huge honey pieces :)
I'll just buy some Total today and use that as part of their food. I gave them some cooked brown rice last night. They really loved that too.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you guys! As I was looking at websites they kept mentioning cheerios, but I was thinking Total would be way better nutritionally. :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I can't seem to find Total here :? How about Vektor or Just Right? Vektor has vitamins in it but it said it was pretty high in protein so that makes me wary...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts