Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Canada it is not easy finding reasonbly priced rat toys. I can build a corral , make cardboard box condos, but alot of rat toys comes from the U.S., and given the dollar rate, well, it can be pricey. I have made some stuff, but I recently came across a very cheap toy,,,brown paper bags! The boys love them, they shred them, rip them up. and snuggle in the bags, and brown bags can be gotten every where, ,,though,, when the boys are playing with the bags , it can be very noisy., carboard tubes from a hardware store(the tubes that are the centre of a carpet roll) are great. an old shoe or boot. an chuck of tree,( freeze it or nuke it, )to kill any bugs, which I do for bedding also.Just trying to keep my 3 boys happy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My girls love tissue paper, like the kind you use when wrapping presents. Every few days, I slightly crumple a piece, like just barely crumple, and put it in the cage. They love to shred it, move it around and make a nest with it. I buy a large pack at the dollar store. Speaking of the dollar store, if you have something like that, I buy lots of items there that aren't necessarily rat toys but the girls love them the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.