Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We lost a baby :( It was the most horrible thing to wake up to. I look and there is this pink thing in the nest. It looked like it wasnt formed properly. It didnt have feet....or a head. I think Jade killed it because it looks like the head was bitten off! :cry:

Im going to watch her very carefully. I don't think she has given birth to any others. If anything else goes wrong we are taking her to the vet tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Rat mommies will kill malformed babies, I know that... Does she seem to be straining at all? I hope she's doing okay! :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Best of wishes for Jade! :D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
oh that's awful. i'm sorry. for the most part, i'm sure that mom knew what was going on and knew what to do. keep a close eye on her and let us know how things go.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bad news, I think I will have to take her to the vet tonight :(

She's been in labor for a while and all that has come out is what looks to be pieces of disformed baby rat. :? She is throwing herself around and dragging herself everywhere by the front legs.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Oh my goodness! Sounds like you need the vet asap! I hope she gets through it ok.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know, im super worried. At this point I don't think any babies are going to make it. Now im worried about Jade's life. :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
She may need to have a C-Section. It is likely, if labor has been oging on for a while that the babies won't survive. You really need to focus on Jade at this point. Obviously something went horribly wrong with the pregnancy and the development of the babies.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, she is gone. She died on the way to the emergancy vet. :cry: I can't believe it turned out like this. Here is a picture of her. :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about Jade. Hopefully no one will see the need to flame you right now, as I am sure you are doing enough of that to yourself already.

Unfortunately, there are many things that can go wrong with a pregnancy, no matter the circumstances of how they got that way.

It isn't your fault that things didn't work out. Perhaps her body just wasn't equipped to deal or something went wrong early and her body didn't recognize it. You can never tell by looking at them that things will go so horribly wrong.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Oh no! I'm so sorry! :(

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
oh that is awful, what a horrible end to what could have been beautiful. i'm so sorry to hear about that, she was a beautiful ratty. :(

1 - 20 of 51 Posts