Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving with my three male rats tonight. I've already borrowed a cat carrier and have their things packed. The trip shouldn't take more than two hours, at most. Is there anything I should consider/ tips to make their trip smooth? Should I put a box into the carrier for them to hide in if they need to? Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I travel 2 hours to my parents house with my rats quite often when I go home for school breaks. I just have a small dog carrier, I put one of their sleep houses in there with some fleece and throw the four boys in. In the summer time I sometimes take ice packs and wrap them in towels if it's crazy hot so they don't over heat. Otherwise I just face them toward the air conditioner and make sure it's at a comfortable setting. In the winter I make sure the heater in the car is on and that when I move them from the house to the car, I wrap their carrier in a blanket. My rats always travel fine!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
You shouldn't have any issues moving them if it's only 2 hours. I've recently taken a 12-14 hour trip with my five and I'll be taking it again soon. Bought a large one level rabbit cage, wraped it in hardware cloth and filled it with eco bedding and they were good! Bring fruits like watermellon, honey dew, cucumber that sort of thing, because you can't mount a water bottle to the travel cage. It'll leak.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I had no issues with a 8 hour trip with 15 baby rats...it's really simple to travel with them I think....just put them in a carrier and make sure it's a comfortable temperature. ..no problem :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts