Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm moving to Hawaii next month for about 7months. I got everything cleared with the agriculture department to take them with. My only concern now is if they'll be fine in the humidity? Not many apartments out there have AC. Any rat owners in Hawaii, East Coast or anyone else out there with hot and humid seasons?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I should hope with a fan it would be all right?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Watch for signs of lethargy. Offer frozen veggies often, terecota and tile in the cage will provide cool places to lay. Try to keep their water bottle cold often (maybe crushed ice in there when refilling).

Try a fan running constantly (make sure it's aimed in the area - don't have it directly blowing on them all the time!), they should be okay.

We'd survived the worst heats of summer without no power, no ice for an extended period of time after 2 hurricanes down in Miami, FL and the ratties did alright. Since you'll have power, you'll at least be better off in that regard.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ahg, the hurricanes >< The other side of the street had power by day 4, and our side didn't till day 7 after Charlie.

This is good to know-yay! So I can keep my (hopefully mine, anyways) ratties safe if there's another big power outtage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts