Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the TropiClean Clean Teeth Gel and it has a Dental Chew in it for dogs. Well, I bought this for my cats (since the dog and cat formula are EXACTLY the same and I get more for my money with the dog version) and cats can't eat the dental chew, or at least won't. I'm just wondering if this would be safe for my ratties to eat?

Ingredients:
Potato Starch, Tapioca Starch, Vegetable Glycerin, Dried Beet Pulp, Natural Chicken Flavor, Cane Molasses, Chicken, Gelatin, Ground Flaxseed, Water, Poultry Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Sodium Bicarbonate, Lecithin, Flaxseed, Parsley Flakes, Green Tea Extract, Sorbic Acid (preservative), Blueberries, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Proteinate, Rosemary Extract

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (min.) 4.0%, Crude Fat (min.) 2%, Crude Fiber (max.) 7.0%, Moisture (max.) 15.0%.

Calorie Content: (M.E. Calc)
3100Kcal/kg. 54Kcals/Chew

Here's what it is on Petco.com, but I have one that is a trial size.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've given the Tropiclean chews to my rats and I've given them Greenies. My rats are fine and quite enjoy them but I don't give them often. Usually, I give them Whimzees (previously known as Paragon) which are essentially the same thing (dental dog chews) however they are just potato starch and not much else. I also think they're harder and work better for dogs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've given the Tropiclean chews to my rats and I've given them Greenies. My rats are fine and quite enjoy them but I don't give them often. Usually, I give them Whimzees (previously known as Paragon) which are essentially the same thing (dental dog chews) however they are just potato starch and not much else. I also think they're harder and work better for dogs.
Thank you! Yes, I feed them Whimzees sometimes but I wasn't sure about the TropiClean chews being that some are "formulated" with other stuff (Hip and Joint, Skin and Coat, etc...) and it seemed like this one may have had Mint in it but I think that's just from the Gel that was in the box with it. lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts