Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the news first. Two great things actually! I am going tomorrow to pick up Remy's new friend!!! It's his step brother, little younger and smaller, blue capped dumbo! Adorable! He has passed his quarantine at another house, and the news gets better!! The sneezing and wheezing that Remy had has all but disappeared. I was really worried that it was more than a new environment sneeze as it was sometimes coupled with a wheeze. I wasn't able to get him to a vet due to money issues, but I did give him a couple SMALL pieces of dark chocolate (baking kind...no sugar or sweetener).

Its all gone now! Took him to a vet today that specializes in rats, and he is perfectly healthy. And the best news of all? Well, we are finally bonding. It's been a week and one day, and he was still timid and scared. He wouldn't take treats from me, but would eat them if i left them in his hammock or food dish or something. Today, I noticed him being a little braver, sticking more than just his nose out of the cage...walking out fully, sniffing me instead of running (though, still a little scared when I move towards him)...however, judging by these pics, I would say he is getting a little more trusting...would you say? :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yay! thats great news, he is so cute! I still have yet to gain Romeo's trust, takes a while but is so worth it! I cant wait to see pics of Remy's new friend, he too sounds adorable! :D

P.S ~ i have a remmy too :p

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I love it now my rats are trusting me to

My Rat Ratatouille loves me loads and trusts me ..she takes stuff from me and runs to the cage to see me :D
i heard dark bitter choco was good for respitory problems/infections
Jess x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts