Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here and I've been wondering if anyone has ever seen something they could put around their shoulders to help pets (rats, in this case) stay on better? Thanks!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have 15 rats and they stay on my shoulder with just regular clothes. Are yours really young? If so, they will probably get better balance as they get older. You could wear a hoody as well. Mine like to ride in the hoods. Really young rats like pockets as well. The only issue I have is protecting my neck and chest and arms-I'm covered in a little scratches.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Cotton hoodies work best. Best grip, hood to hide in, can go inside against your shirt, and a rat-sized pocket!

I have eleven and they all grip well enough. It is an age thing as they can all hold on to bare shoulders too but it is painful lol.

There is also the rat toob, a circle scarf meant for rats to cuddle in.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Mine stay more than fine on me even the two and half week old babies...I get up and they're all over me like I'm a jungle gym..being covered in baby rats is a very funny feeling...but I think cotton hoodies are the easiest clothing for them to hold on to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts