Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Floofy potato’s
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i suffer from emotional anxiety and l have low motivation. l have two choices either to re home my rats because i want them to have the best life possible or trying my best to give them the best life they can here witch will likely be mediocre.

l want to makes the best choose for them yet do to my severe anxiety l scared that l will deal with the loss of them not well
as l have delt with other losses very poorly. So if anyone has any advice it would be very helpful thank you

·
Registered
Floofy potato’s
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
l will prob get back to this late in the evening tho so ya sry for wasting your time

·
Registered
Bandit, Biscuit, and Sage
409 Posts
It depends how they are living, if you are very unhappy with their life you will benefit in the long run from knowing they're having a good life somewhere else. Asking for lots of pics & videos can really help. I'm going to have to rehome two of my beloved pet sheep I raised from lambs this year and though it'll be hard I'll be happy knowing they're in a better home where they won't be killed.

·
Registered
Floofy potato’s
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI
l will wake up at about ten to eleven LOL l only have school in the after noon then l will go wake them up set the free roam up and change there water as well as just freshening up the cage they will be out for about an hour then l wil take a break and come back in about four,five hours for another two hours of free roam then l will feed then there diner rice chex oxbow adult rat food oats and assorted veggies all the mix ins happen only twice a week l will let them eat out of there cage to make sure that they finish

CAGE TOUR!!

IMG_20210403_115650.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
HI
l will wake up at about ten to eleven LOL l only have school in the after noon then l will go wake them up set the free roam up and change there water as well as just freshening up the cage they will be out for about an hour then l wil take a break and come back in about four,five hours for another two hours of free roam then l will feed then there diner rice chex oxbow adult rat food oats and assorted veggies all the mix ins happen only twice a week l will let them eat out of there cage to make sure that they finish

CAGE TOUR!!

View attachment 304477 View attachment 304478 View attachment 304479 View attachment 304480 View attachment 304481 View attachment 304482 View attachment 304484 View attachment 304475
Love your cage set up! Very colorful, and very big! I agree, rats do take time. I am happy to only have 5 now, as it took 3 hours each day!! To play with them, clean their cage, make their food, etc. If it's too much for you, that's understandable. Give it some more time, see if you can find a routine that's manageable.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It looks and sounds like they are living a great life. I do not think that you having them will harm them in any way.

Reactions: Willow&Whiskers

·
Registered
Stella and Luna
85 Posts
It looks like they have a lot to do, a good variety of food, and you spend a lot of time with them. I think your rats must be very happy.
One suggestion, if you don't already, you can leave a bowl of the oxbow lab blocks in the cage between meals. They shouldn't overeat and get fat the way a dog would.

My rats have been my therapy for Covid loneliness this winter. Since you care about your ratties so much, it sounds like yours have been good for you too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts