Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Β·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please does anybody know of a good vet in Los Angeles Ca that will remove a tumor? It's so hard to find one! This tumor on my Mocha is growing way fast. It is just under her chest..
Thank you so much πŸ€ŸπŸ»πŸ‘‹πŸ»πŸŒ»πŸŒ»β™₯
Rat lover!πŸ€πŸAndreaπŸ‘„

Β·
Registered
52 Posts
Thankfully, LA has lots of exotic vets. I personally don't have a reccomendation, but you should start by calling locally and then branching out. Here's a list to help you get started. I'd also try using google maps to search as well.

Hope this helps. :)

Β·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankfully, LA has lots of exotic vets. I personally don't have a reccomendation, but you should start by calling locally and then branching out. Here's a list to help you get started. I'd also try using google maps to search as well.

Hope this helps. :)
Awwww! Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! β™₯β™₯β™₯

Β·
Registered
52 Posts
Awwww! Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! β™₯β™₯β™₯
Also, I thought I'd mention that I take my rats to la Sierra Veterinary clinic in Riverside. I'm not too sure about their ability to treat more extensive issues like tumor removal, but it may be worth checking out if it's not too far out of the way for you.

Here's the address: 3410 La Sierra Ave A, Riverside, CA 92503

Β·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, I thought I'd mention that I take my rats to la Sierra Veterinary clinic in Riverside. I'm not too sure about their ability to treat more extensive issues like tumor removal, but it may be worth checking out if it's not too far out of the way for you.

Here's the address: 3410 La Sierra Ave A, Riverside, CA 92503
Oh you are so very nice! I live in downtown LA and I'd go there in a min if I had a car! Funny cause I'm trying to move back to the Palm springs area where I'd be closer!
With these vets omg sometimes they say they treat rats, but when u call them it's a whole diff story.
Thank u so much for taking time to care! I actually have 2 of my rats that are getting the tumors my other one Trixie also. Ugh it's so sad!
I paid over 500.00 once to remove my rat Sara's tumor like 3 years ago. She did so well, but lived about another 5 months.
That vet closed...πŸ˜”
Thank u again! πŸπŸπŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

Β·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh you are so very nice! I live in downtown LA and I'd go there in a min if I had a car! Funny cause I'm trying to move back to the Palm springs area where I'd be closer!
With these vets omg sometimes they say they treat rats, but when u call them it's a whole diff story.
Thank u so much for taking time to care! I actually have 2 of my rats that are getting the tumors my other one Trixie also. Ugh it's so sad!
I paid over 500.00 once to remove my rat Sara's tumor like 3 years ago. She did so well, but lived about another 5 months.
That vet closed...πŸ˜”
Thank u again! πŸπŸπŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
I'm sorry about your situation. I had rats a looong time ago back in my early, ignorant years and hadn't a clue about their predisposition to all these horrible ailments. All my girls ended up with tumors. I had bought... (More like rescued) them from my local Petsmart/PetsHell. Of course, they don't give a hoot about proper breeding or humane animal treatment.

I went through the same situation trying to find a vet who treats rats, I think I called over 25 practices all over my area before I could find one. Truly a maddening experience. πŸ˜†

I do hope you are able to find a decent vet that knows their stuff and wont charge you an arm and a leg.

Β·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry about your situation. I had rats a looong time ago back in my early, ignorant years and hadn't a clue about their predisposition to all these horrible ailments. All my girls ended up with tumors. I had bought... (More like rescued) them from my local Petsmart/PetsHell. Of course, they don't give a hoot about proper breeding or humane animal treatment.

I went through the same situation trying to find a vet who treats rats, I think I called over 25 practices all over my area before I could find one. Truly a maddening experience. πŸ˜†

I do hope you are able to find a decent vet that knows their stuff and wont charge you an arm and a leg.
Omg! You said the absolute truth! Thank u for such a great response! I have gone through a living **** with almost every rat I've had.. I don't know how many buckets of tears I've cried.
You are right about PetSmart being Pets **** my god! they don't even offer any help ever. As it stands I hate that store. They truly suck!!
It's awesome that u rescued rats that u had! I've thought about doing that before.
But can never find any! Knowing me if there were 100 to adopt u can bet I'd adopt them all!
Most of the vets don't have heart they are only in it for the money! And charge so much ..it's crazy that there's no vets out there that know this is such a common problem but don't really care or help!!
It's so sad,
Anyhow thank u again, u are very nice and well anybody that has rats usually is!
Take careβ€ΌπŸ’™πŸ’š

Rats are such high maintaince & I hate that they have such a short life span ..but I will never stop having them as pets.. but too much sadness, crying.. I heard the tumors don't hurt the rat, but once they can't get around well, it's heartbreaking!
Thank u again✨✨🌠❀

1 - 7 of 7 Posts