Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

One of my male rats (about 1 year old) testes are slightly misshaped, it looks like there is a lump to the side, but I can also only see one testicle in the scrotum so am unsure if the lump is in fact the other testicle that has in fact moved and become dislodged? Although I have never heard of this in rats, it is normal to happen in other animals (including humans) so don't see why it can't be a dislodged testicle. When I try to pick him up to have a look, his testicle retracts so it's hard to identify anything! Is testicular cancer common in rats?

Please help my confusion!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Testicular cancer is not common in pet rats.

Have you had your rat examined by an experienced rat veterinarian? That would be the best way to find out if there's a problem.

Also, if you want to post a photo of your rat's testicals here, it would be easier for us to give you an opinion. You did a great job describing what you're seeing, however someone else may see it differently.

Hope he's okay!

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
The testicle shoudlnt be retracting at his age. This stops at around 2 months old when the canals narrow down and the rats cant retract them properly any more. Definitly one to get checked out by your vet. It could be an infection or tumour or something else could be going on if hes still retracting it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.