Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thistle's tumor has grown exponentially; I will provide photos taken today and last night.

This thing is huge. She's been put on metacam for the discomfort, she's not in pain but it does bother her and you can tell.

She can still urinate and defecate witout trouble, and she can still groom mostly. She's never covered in urine or poo.

The skin on the tumor is very taunt and the thing looks bruised in most places, I'm assuming it's due to blood vessels so close to such thin skin. I'm wondering if a collegian type of cream would\could help with the tauntness and thinness.

It's caused her lady bits to be twisted all in the wrong directions, her anus too.

We know that we're getting closer to the bridge, but she's not telling me it's time yet. When she does we will help her cross, but for now I'm still trying to keep her comfortable and she seems content to be babied.

She still has a strong appitite and drinks normal. She's less active due to it's size and it takes a lot out of her to explore while in free range, but she does explore.

I guess what I'm asking is what else I can do to keep her comfy.

Would some sort of collegian cream help with the tightness of the skin?

Here you can see her urethra and her vagina. The vagina has moved from it's normal position under the urethra, to the side. There is no discharge and honestly it looks swollen shut. I do clean her lady bits and bum daily several times a day even though she's never messed herself.

Her bum

And one of her just to show how poofy she is.

I will mention that I've started applying a thin dab of solver solution around her vaginal area as it looks like the skin there is most irritated and I don't want an infection on top of all this.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Poor baby, so sorry for both of you. I think it's probably almost her time. I don't have anything helpful to add but didn't want to read and not comment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts