Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have just adopted two boy-rats, called Betaine and Ylid (two classes of charge-separated molecules... I am a scientist). I'm a first-time rat snuggler, although I had two degus previously. I also have two cute kitties. The rats have been living here for about a month, although it doesn't feel anything like that. When I first got them, there was a lot of sneezing, but I haven't heard a sneeze in at least two weeks.

My little guys love cuddles! They get all excited when we walk into the room. :) It's the actual cutest.

Also... do your rats ever sleep in funny places? Mine always settle down for a full night's sleep in their hammock together, but I've caught little Ylid sleeping sitting down at the front of the cage with his little nose poking off the platform three times now. Is this perfectly normal?! The first time I was scared he was sick, before I realized he was probably just being a cutie!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

Glafd to hear your ratties have settled in. I'm from the UK - based in Wales. I have had rats previously but not for a few years now & I'm adopting 3 boys on Tuesday so I'm really excited about having them. Can't wait to kit out their home :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a rat a few years ago named Apple; I often found her sleeping with her head shoved under the stuffed bed they had. She looked decapitated!!! - Rats find all sorts of adorably weird ways to sleep! haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure I just said for the 'sake' of it up there! Haha, not sure why it looks censored!

Aww cute Apple :) my two just like to snuggle together in their hammock for most naps. Cutest thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts