Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday I brought home two new baby girls. We live in a very isolated northern town and no breeder wants to send their ratlets out by air (which I understand, really), also there's no rat rescue around. The two available pet stores (one an hour's drive away) sell rats primarily as feeders and keep them in a tiny, messy bin in the back room, with both genders thrown in together. Not an optimal choice, but the two girls I got 6 months ago turned out healthy, loving, wonderful pets.

The store in town had only boys (tiny ones, only 3-4 weeks old at the most. Didn't look old enough to be without mom) so I phoned our two vets to ask if they neuter rats. Turns out neither one had done the procedure, so I guess I can't have boy rats... :cry: too bad, they were the cutest ratties.

Anyway, the other store had exactly two girls in their bin, and at least informed me that they could be pregnant. No kidding. Actually one of them is quite round, but so was my Pookie 6 months ago, and she's still round, but never had babies. :D

I can't wait to introduce Waffle and Squishy to Scrumph and Pookie, but we'll have to wait until the quarantine is up. At least the new big cage is ready for moving day.

Pictures to follow soon!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sounds wonderful! My fingers are crossed for no preggers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts