fabric and yesterdays news works well

·
Registered
155 Posts
what about newspaper?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Newspaper is usually safe. Most newspaper these days is printed with a safe soy based ink though if you are unsure you can contact the company and ask. Newspaper has very poor absorbency and odor control though so I don't think it makes a very good bedding.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'll be using Aspen when I get mine. :3

You can buy it in huge bags at Petco for about $13.. Maybe it's even cheaper at Petsmart. I haven't compaired prices, but it's safe to use. Yesterday's News is wonderful at absorbing odor too, and you can also buy that in huge bags in the kitty-litter section of the pet store.

Ignore anyone who tells you pine is safe. They're wrong. At work the other day I was ringing up a customer who was buying a huge bag of pine shavings for his ferrets, and I tried to give him some friendly advice that Pine is not good for small animals, but he blew it off and said "You have no idea how long I've been raising ferrets on this. It's cedar you have to worry about, not pine." I was thinking "Actually, it's both." but I didn't want to get in trouble with my boss for arguing with a customer, and clearly the guy was too head-strong to take anything a cashier said seriously. >_<;;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts