Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had my little ratties (two 2-month-old boys) in the DCN for almost a week now, and they’re finally getting comfortable with the top level (won’t go on the bottom levels yet). I tried putting in litter boxes into their preferred corners last night, with bedding in them, only to come down this morning and see that they’ve had an immense amount of fun - the two litter boxes were on opposite sides of the cage of where I left them, and the bedding was literally everywhere. It’s great that they’re having fun with it, but… kind of want them to use the litter boxes as litter boxes, and not as toys? They have tons of other toys in there, but I guess the bedding-filled pans are the hit of the season lol.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
995 Posts
If you can find a few big smooth river rocks, affectionately named "pee rocks" around here on the forum, you boys should be inclined to pee on them which helps litter train them and also the rocks hold the litter boxes down. Otherwise, maybe zip tie them to the sides to the cage? Thats what I used to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts