Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went into the feeder room, not intending to get anyone. Big mistake. I fell in love with a little guy. And since two would be better in case intros didn't go well, I had to get a friend. But that would of left one feeder guy all alone... So now I have three new rats, and a critter nation. They're quarantined right now, and all three are coughing/sneezing. I'm hoping it's not URIs and it was just the fact they were kept on bad bedding and in aquariums or even new home sniffles and they'll get better. Plus the unexpected cost of three rats and a critter nation kind of strained my account, so hoping to give them till friday(payday) to adjust before going to the vet if they don't take a sudden downhill turn. Kind of stressing out...

Anyways...I'd like to introduce everyone to Malcolm, Jayne, and Wash! Pictures incoming!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
It's hard to not want to take every one home. I might be getting 6 rats very soon. I found a CL ad of someone needing to rehome their rats because they'll be gone for 5 days and have no one to care for them. I offered to take them in temporarily, but I'm a bit suspicious of someone who would give their pets up that easily, so I don't know of they want to rehome them for other reasons too. I can't keep all 6 though, so I'm going to have to reach out to the small rat community around me to see who will take some. There's 5 males living in a cage big enough for only 2 or 3, and a female living all alone who is unsocialized. We rat people are such suckers for rats in need :p

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I swear they're agouti hooded! Both Wash and Jayne are the same color. I do think I need to take at least Wash in though. I think he's honestly sick. :(

·
Registered
479 Posts
Firefly names, nice! We rat people are such suckers for a cute face and a sad story. It's why we have 17 at my house right now. They are super cute!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts