Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I think it would be horrible to have such a lovely (if kinda scraggly) wildun in pet stores - let it thrive in the wild like it's been doing for gosh knows how long, I say.

BUT..that said. It is very cute :D If one landed on my doorstep one day, I don't think I'd say no

·
Registered
132 Posts
I saw that too! They would be so fun to have as a pet.....but I hope that never happens. They should just be left in the wild where they are happy.

·
Registered
229 Posts
...Am I the only one reminded of those stories of people who find little "dogs" swimming out at sea, and pull them up only to find that they're giant rats? XD

Look at how tiny it's eyes are! I wonder if it can see.
It's cute though, in a very scruffy sort of way.

·
Registered
156 Posts
these scientists and explorers have evidently never been to NYC :) Those things are freakishly likeable.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thats not very similar to norway rat. But its still cute fluffy animal.

But I only want one, if i can put it together with my old rats. No room for a cage as big as the one i have, in my room. :lol:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Does its face remind anyone else of a ferret?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Woah! That would be a little creepy to run into while exploring the jungle! They would make good cuddleing pets though! :D

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
well they are available over there. they are illegal in canada and the US. i would love to have one. though they are rats i guess they are quite different then our small ones. they will be really cool once they have been domesticated a bit more, right now they are still mostly considered wild living inside. i wonder if our small ones were like that when they were first being domesticated too...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Twitch They are illegal to import I thought?

You can breed and sell them just cant import them. I would love a Pouched Rat.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i thought they were illegal period. but i guess either way doesn't help, if you can't get the animal here then you can't breed them anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts