Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both have been living together peacefully for the past two weeks with no signs of aggression! They seem quite happy to have each other now! Where Cheddars normally is, so is Provolone! They really show their companionship outside of the cage following each other around!

QUESTION!

What are some good common rat toys?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Tolet paper rolls, wood chews, food traps (where theirs a treat inside and they have to rool it around to get the treat out) bird toys...I even have a stuffed animal in there, that Jay LOVES; it hasnt been chewed on at all, just hauled around the cage for fun. Cardbaord boxes, tissue paper, cat toy balls, feather on a string which rats love to chase.

·
Registered
520 Posts
PVC pipe, "fishing for pees", a digging box (mine prefer sand in it), Wodent Wheels, hammocks to lay in, small-ish smooth pebbles, bells on key rings, puzzle treat dispensers...

·
Registered
489 Posts
My girls have birdtoys, hammocks, boxes, tissue papper to tear and nest. they also carry it all over. Long tubes and chubes. a big rat couch, big bird perches a few tiny cat toys, Stuff on string hangin. I put toys on top and side of their cage because they drag in and tear anythin near their cages. Bird ladders....

I spoil them.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Also, all of the little things (cat toys, bells, etc) can be collected into a "toy box to tidy things up. My rats love to take them all out and move them around the cage. You can sprinkle treats into the toy box on top among the toys to catch their attention.

Use your imagination. After a while, you'll find yourself walking around Wal-Mart and thrift stores thinking like a rat.

"Oooh! That could be fun...!"

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I heard even heavy duty rope (with knots every few inches) for climbing, My boys are so big, clumbsy and lazy I dont believe they would be able to pull themselves up, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts