Rat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to post this earlier, but it seems to have disappeared? If I'm doing something wrong, admins, please let me know!

My daughter was having problems with urine burns on her rats. Also, I was having a terrible allergic to the rats while handling them, I couldn't even hold them for a couple of seconds without itching terribly. We were still having problems after stepping up the cage cleaning. Well, as it turns out, the problem was still cage cleaning. My daughter was changing the shreds more frequently. But she wasn't wiping the cage down. Their plastic castle they liked to sleep on was crusted with urine. No wonder they stopped using it!

So, now it's properly cleaned, there's not more pained squeaks coming from the cage, and I can actually hold the mousies for a few minutes without itch! Here they are:

Rat Animal shelter Cage Muridae Mouse

The albino is Luna, brown-and-white is Nova. Who would have thought an albino rat would get white-eye in a photograph? Amused!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.