Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! What do you guys think I should add/take away from my cage? It’s a new set up so I’m still trying to get it perfect for them! Currently with paper bedding but switching to hemp soon and I have 2 boys about 6-7 months old I think. Also, I gave them some paper towels and they took them into their hammock to sleep on lol ( pictures for this paragraph)

Okay gang UPDATE: sooo I took away the first little ledge at the bottom bc they almost never used it (they would just jump straight from the middle lol). Anyways added lava ledges on the side to use as stairs along with a bird ladder to climb to the middle level. I also got new food/treats they seem to be liking more than the last. Added in some toys better suited for foraging which I discovered Ludo LOVES. I already have a good amount of wood chew toys they don't really pay any mind to any suggestions for that? also gave em a plastic cup they really like running into and running out of lol. And for some reason Pluto likes to push the blankets off of the different levels and sleep on it bare floor, should I tie them on or is it okay for him to be walking on the bare floor? WILL UPDATE WITH NEW PICTURES SOON!!!
Pet supply Mesh Gas Cooking Cage
Vertebrate Blue Wood Mesh Lighting
Pet supply Mesh Brick Wood Gas
Organ Comfort Whiskers Fawn Rodent

·
Registered
Boba, Theo and Diego
93 Posts
I would add in a space pod and more stuff on the back wall of the cage for them. You can also get cheap wooden chew toys at pet stores for like 3 dollars each that rats tend to love! :) A lava ledge would also be a nice addition so they can scratch their nails so you won't have to trim them, you can also get those at most pet stores. Looks great so far and your rats are so adorable! <3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts