Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated my cage by adding fleece.... what do you think?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Fleece always = wonderful! And I love the colors!

Just a thought, but I had a (different) Coast Cage before, and there was one particular hammock that the girls just LOVED- if you use those purse clips to clip fabric (I used a double layer of fleece) right up underneath the the little shelfs, down the whole length, and just leave a small rat-sized opening in both ends. And make sure you leave enough fabric for a dip, so that they have somewhere to sleep!

I think it was just really warm and cozy, or something, but they loved those hammocks, that's where they always were! And it used space that otherwise would be wasted, so it's a two-fer!

Plus it's probably the most super easy hammock possible! No sewing, just cutting a rectangle, and clipping it up. I used fabric about 10x15 inches, with an overlap of about a half inch to clip it up. You should give it a try!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i love that cage.... it was around $100 us dollars and can hold 3 rats comfortably and 4 at maximum according to a cage calculator. it is really easy to clean and it comes with built in food dishes which i think are just amazing. i think its worth buying! =]

·
Registered
81 Posts
The fleece looks really cute, but a bit messy.

I'm not sure what I think of the cage itself, it looks so cramped with all the levels and ladders in there, and though it does have a nice amount of height, it really looks like it lacks length and width, which, IMO, rats do need a good amount of. Maybe it's the fact that it costed $100 and can only fit three rats in there, and my homemade cage costed me $30 and I can fit ten rats in mine. I mean, if I could get that cage for maybe $20 I'd probably get it, but otherwise I think those kinds of cages are kind of a waste of money, especially since you can hardly fit any good rat-sized toys in them.

Sorry - that kind of turned into a rant. XP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts