Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting to get more worried about Rorie.

When I first got her she was just a little sneezy and I thought she was just a sneezy rat. Then the other day I noticed she had a runny nose that had clear gunk and she is like chirping every now and then. Now her nose is runny again but the stuff is red, she is still sneezy, and still sometimes chirping/having weird breathing sounds. Here's the link to a video of her, I know there is a lot of back ground noise but maybe you can hear her. http://youtu.be/Z9wh3BfGq5k

I've tried the home remedy of putting her in a steamy bathroom, I changed her bedding to torn up paper towels, bathed her and cleaned her cage. Do yall think I should take her to the vet? I'm just so worried and I want her to be okay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry I had a hard time hearing her on the video but what you have described does sound like it could be URI. I would definitely say a trip to the vet is probably best. If she needs antibiotics then the sooner you start her on them the better. It's good that you're keeping everything nice and clean and the steamy shower might temporarily help her breath a bit better, but these upper resp infections can progress pretty quickly and won't go away without medical intervention.

Good luck and I hope she gets better very soon! She is a very pretty girl <3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts