Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about pet insurance. I found petinsurance.com highlighted at the top of the page on google. i dont know anything about any kind of insurance, i dont have to deal with it so i dont know if its a scam or if its "worth it"

my rat, lola, has a tumor that will take $225 to remove. i would like to get insurance for her before i remove it. I dont know if 2wks is enough time to enroll but it doesnt matter, even if it takes longer i will just pay the $225.

but please please please someone respond, both on here and to [email protected].

thank you so much guys!!!! :cry:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Insurance won't cover a pre-existing condition, as far as I'm aware. I don't think it will do you much good. :(

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
If rat cover is anything like cat/dog cover then they won't cover pre-existing conditions, like forensic said.

We've had **** with one of our RSPCA cats and the insurance, because he came with a 'skin condition' (unspecified) he's not covered for a NEW skin problem (not the same he came with) - but because he has skin problems in general he's not covered

I'd reccommend (as a long term solution - it might not help your current situation) that you start a saving fund for your rats and save the money you would have used on insurance for just such emergencies. Just an idea :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts