Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i caught a cold, i don't know what it's from, now my rats seem sick, i don't think it's from my cold though. evry once and awhile ozzy will start squeaking when she breathes, and hyper did this weird jolt over and over agan and then made a noise like a dieing penguin (if you've every seen happy feet it's kind of like when mumble tries to sing), and after i cleaned the cage today, she'd just sit in her tube and not come out all day, and when i tried to get her out she peed on me, she never used to do this. help?!

[EDIT] changed the title
[EDIT] i suggested changing hyper's name to penguin :D

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Re: me and both rats sick?!?!

sounds like URI, and vet time esp. for penguin girl. Bad lung sounds and lethargy means she is sick.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i keep telling my parents ad they just said "the rats are fine!" or "step on their heads and get it over with" or "save up your money and take them to the vet!"

so tomorrow i'll be calling around the vets in my area to see if they do small animals and how much it will cost. i'm more worried about "penguin" now than i am ozzy, but i plan on taking them both in. thanks for the help and if anyone else has more suggestions it would also help.

[EDIT] hyper seemed to be back to her normal hyper self today during free range, maybe she was just tired yesterday?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
It'd probably be worthwhile checking out anyway (IMO). It's never a bad idea to get them checked over every now and again and casually mention that they seemed odd recently..

Mine have funny days, actually, where they make odd noises, stop and then a couple of days later it becomes a little more persistant. Best to nip any possible URI in the bud asap

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I agree about getting them checked out. If your parents want you to save up money perhaps you can make an arrangement with them, and set up a payment plan. Repay in chores?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts