Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a rat that just sneezes like crazy? I have one rat that has been through three treatments of combination medicines and she seems perfectly healthy, but she is constantly sneezing. No other symptoms. I use care fresh bedding and have already tried aspen bedding before. Both results in sneezing. Any thoughts on the matter?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Anyone have a rat that just sneezes like crazy? I have one rat that has been through three treatments of combination medicines and she seems perfectly healthy, but she is constantly sneezing. No other symptoms. I use care fresh bedding and have already tried aspen bedding before. Both results in sneezing. Any thoughts on the matter?
Have you tried fleece? Sneezing is a sign of URI, especially if they're sneezing like crazy as you mentioned.

What medication have you used to treat your rat?

·
Registered
437 Posts
One of my rats has been through something similar, somebody on here suggested that the problem was not being given a long enough course of antibiotics, it takes several weeks to work properly and most vets i've seen give seven days max. How long was your rat on medication and what were they prescribed?

I personally use fleece which i find eliminates any dusty sneezes so i'm never confused as to whether my rats have a URI or not, but switching bedding won't fix the problem if it is a URI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts