Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a previous post about my rats having scabs and saying I was going to use ivermectin to medicate them. However, I read a few horror stories about using ivermectin so I decided to order puppy/kitten Revolution instead. I'm a little confused about how exactly to treat my rats though. I have 7 rats, 2 males with visible lice and 5 females that aren't showing any symptoms right now. How many drops do I put on each of my rats and do I need to weigh them first (boys weigh more than the girls). Also, I have to wait for the Revolution to ship from Australia so I gave the boys olive oil baths and left them with the oil on their skin for the past day. I think it's been helping them feel less itchy so should I just continue to do this until the Revolution gets here? It's going to take another week or so for the Revolution to get here and I'm worried about whether the boys will be okay having lice on them for the next week? I've been cleaning their cage and the surrounding area a lot and can continue giving them olive oil baths. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I adopted a female from the spca over a weekend when my vet was out of town. Sadly she had lice. I did a quick search and found a flea and tick spray at petsmart that claimed to work, so I tried it out. It seemed to help until I could get to the vet for revolution. I think it is called ultracare flea and tick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts